Did you know that CHF accounts for nearly 1.4 million hospitalizations and $21 Billion per year in the U.S.?
Repeated hospitalizations are a major health problem for older patients with chronic conditions like CHF.
Congested Heart Failure is one of the most common indicators for hospitalizations in the elderly. CHF is also associated with a high incidence of re-hospitalizations.
In fact, the 6-month readmission rate is 50%! However, when patients transition home with our care, we can reduce the readmission rate significantly.
It takes a team effort beginning with identifying patients with risk factors that are predictive of readmission:
- Prior history of heart failure
- 4 or more admissions within the past 8 years
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Noncompliance with medication
- Poor diet
- Inadequate discharge planning or follow-up
- Limited social support
- Failure to seek medical attention promptly when symptoms recurred
When you refer your at-risk patient to our CHF Home Care Program, we address these issues directly with our care regimen. No one can impact outcomes better than we can in the home. We…
- help patients manage their disease
- ensure they take their medications
- plan and prepare healthy meals
- provide companionship and moral support
- transport to doctor appointments
- watch for changes in their medical condition to report to the appropriate care partner before the condition gets worse
Know someone who needs our help? Schedule a Free Family Meeting.